Saturday 2 November 2013

Future Me!

I found it. Who I shall be in the future.

At a young age people had been predicting that I would be a cat lady or something along those lines, and I love cats, but I don't think I would be able to handle a whole bunch.
Angela Martin | #TheOffice yeah I'm a Christian and I'm a dog person, I don't think that's a sin! Plus dog and God have the same letters in them!

I would just want one single cat that I can spend my time with all day and cuddle at night. Pretty much like what I have with my current cat and what I had with my past two cats.

And today my aunt posted something she had found onto Facebook and I took a look at it and completely fell in love with it. It was a series of photos taken by Japanese photographer Miyoko Ihara of her grandmother and her odd-eyed cat. Each photo is spectacular and captures the bond these two share and how they spend their entire day together, strengthening that bond. You really can have a cat for a best friend.



 And this one above all others, is my favourite:


One thing that I also particularly love is how their relationship seems to bring the best out in each other. The obaa-san seems so happy and full of life and it reminds me of my own, elderly Japanese aunt and how she is constantly doing things that make her happy such as pottery and origami. I don't know if this is just a Japanese thing or what, but I've seen it in a lot of my older Japanese relatives that no matter what age they are they still strive to do the things they love and the things that make them happy, and they are usually non-stop, and being able to capture that in a photo isn't as easy as it seems.

So in the future, no matter what I do in my life until that point when I'm a pleasantly aged old lady, I can see myself happily living in Japan with my best friend being my pet cat.

 Best friend

-Charlotte








No comments:

Post a Comment