Friday 4 October 2013

Sherlock Fans are no Sherlock

In addition to my recent post in regards to this particular episode of the BBC television show 'Sherlock', my friend recently showed me this picture and comments [taken from Tumblr I believe], and I just couldn't resist proving how wrong their speculations are.

Holy crap. Just when I thought the Sherlock fandom was running out of details to notice. I should have known better.


To which I made the observation that this was not true and responded to the picture with:

"Not the same woman. The woman in the pink coat in the press conference is wearing a pink tweed coat while the actual woman in pink (may she rest in peace) is wearing a cotton corduroy coat. Also looking at the detailing of the coats, the press conference woman has a defined trim line along the collar and slightly puffy shoulders, and no shoulder strap. The deceased woman in pink is wearing a classic trench/rain coat style with basic collar and shoulder straps with slim-lined shoulders."

I don't know if it is my background in costuming that helped me notice this, or the fact that I think some Sherlock fans are just looking for everything little thing imaginable in the show and the squeeze the life out of it till they discover all of the secrets, and even some of their own make believe ones.

Don't get me wrong I love that the show is so popular and I am all for fans doing their own thing and getting as crazy as they want, but the Sherlock Holmes inside me also just loves to prove people wrong sometimes. But there are a few things I can't tell if they are true or not. Like I don't know Morse code so I have no idea if this is true or not:
It's the little details that make this show so good...


I just thought I would share my thoughts on the matter and remember that:
Sherlock.

and I would never say this:
Sherlock


But I will gladly attempt to disprove any little facts that I can because I find enjoyment in it. I am a Ravenclaw after all so it is in my nature to be a smart-ass sometimes.
.



-Charlotte


No comments:

Post a Comment