Friday 6 December 2013

Flashback Friday: The Eighth

This is a flashback so far back in the past that it is impossible to calculate in days...
...so I'll do it in hours.

Eighteen hours ago my friend texted me to wish me a happy birthday. Last year she sent me a...interesting image and she decided to resend it which makes things...not so happy, in fact it makes it scary.

Scary, no?

Anyway after we got passed that we proceeded to have this conversation (and yes Brittany, I did just type all of this out).

Brittany: Sorry, I couldn't keep it low key...
Charlotte: Your pun is not appeciated.
...
Brittany: Also happy Thorsday...
Charlotte: You're making it less happy with confetti filled pictures of Loki...
Brittany: Aww don't be fury-ous...
Charlotte: See now you've gone and made things hawkward.
Brittany: Roger that.
Charlotte: This is for children.
Brittany: Is it?!
Charlotte: Oh but I like this.
Brittnay: That was the plan.
Charlotte: We need a plan of attack!
Brittany: I have a plan, attack!
Charlotte: Your move reindeer games.
Brittany: I have an army.
Charlotte: We have a hulk.
Brittany: I thought the beast had wandered off...
Charlotte: Have you ever tried shawarma?
Brittany: I don't know what it is, but I want to try it.
Charlotte: Get in line.
Brittany: I've been compromised.
Charlotte: TELL ME!
Brittany: What have I to fear?
Charlotte: Shakespeare in the park.
Brittany: Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?
Charlotte: You are an old man and a fool!
Brittany: Yes...I was a fool, to think you were ready.
Charlotte: I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things.
Brittany: No hard feelings point break, you've got a mean swing.
Charlotte: HAMMER! HAMMER!
Brittany: What are you prepared to do?
Charlotte: ANOTHER!
Brittany: Alright, no more smashing. Deal?
Charlotte: I need a distraction...and an eyeball.
Brittany: Is this about the Avengers? Which I know nothing about...
Charlotte: That is the point! That's Loki's point. He hit us right where we live.
Brittany: Do I look to be in a gaming mood?
Charlotte: Better clench up Legolas.
Brittany: Well I see better form a distance.
Charlotte: I watched you when you were sleeping.
Brittany: And you're all about style, aren't you?
Charlotte: Tell me, what is my disadvantage?
Brittany: The Avengers. it's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. Earth's mightiest heroes type thing.
Charlotte: Seeing as it was a stupid ass decision I've elected to ignore it.
Brittany: I still believe in heroes.
Charlotte: I would sit this one out, Cap. These two come from legend they're bascially gods.
Brittany: not a great plan.
Charlotte: How any of you are ready to help me sock old Adolf in the jaw?
Brittany: JARVIS, initiate the House Party protocol.
Charlotte: They took my iPod. I just downloaded like 30 songs on there.
Brittany: is that your excuse?
Charlotte: Put on the suit let's go a few rounds.
Brittany: Look at you. Still all muscly and everything!
Charlotte: Are you really that desparate?
Brittany: You can take away my suits, you can take away my home, but there's one thing you can never take away from me, I am Iron Man.
Charlotte: With great power comes great responsibility.
Brittany: Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer?
Charlotte: Did I get it?
Brittany: Let's find out!
Charlotte: you're not dressed warmly enough.
Brittany: As none of us mutated to endure extreme g-forces or begin riddled by bullets, I suggest we suit up.
Charlotte: I don't get a suit of armour.
Brittany: You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark, please leave a message.
Charlotte: What silver tongue turn to lead?
Brittany: What's the matter, scared of a little lightening?
Charlotte: I'm not overly fond of what follows.
Brittany: Are you an alien?
Charlotte: Sea bass, sea bass, sea bass, sea bass....sea bass.
Brittany: Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity.
Charlotte: Superheroes? In New York? Give me a break.
Brittany: I've seen worlds you've never heard about! I have grown, Odin's Son, in my exile!
Charlotte: you get the big guy.
Brittany: I'm here on behalf of SHIELD.
Charlotte: Wait I want to see this.
Brittany: And what if the other guy says no?
Charlotte: Barton's been compromised.
Brittany: You have no idea what you're dealing with.
Charlotte: I am Loki, of Jotunheim.
Brittany: Puny god.
Charlotte: I don't understand this usually works.
Brittany: Well, performance issues, it's not uncommon.
Charlotte: what's you secret? Mellow jazz, bong drums?


And that is when we broke the midnight barrier and continued the converstation.


Brittany: Avoiding stress isn't the secret.
Charlotte: Recognitive recalibration.
Brittany: That man is playing Galaga! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did.
Charlotte: He said his name was Thor.
Brittany: Loki, this is madness!
Charlotte: Look at you!
Brittany: Oh, I still don't think you're the god of thunder. but you ought to be.
Charlotte: I want bird.
Brittany: I need horse.


And that's where we finished and I still need to text my reply...and come up with a Marvel quote to use.

It was amusing and interesting and if anyone is bored and wants to figure out what movie and character each quote comes from go for it....there might be a prized involved. Meaning there will be.

I have a feeling we are going to continue this for a while so their will be a sequel to this post.

Other then that I had a pretty boring birthday being sick and stuck in classes all day. I would have liked to go to the Walt Disney Family Museum since it was his birthday first and foremost, but I didn't have the time.

-Charlotte

Hollywood's Marvel Universe - funny how Tony is in the middle!






No comments:

Post a Comment